Nemat Odeh has been appointed the Executive Chef of The Quechee Club. Chef Odeh, has served in several leadership positions with the Four Seasons Resort, The Bellagio, Farmington Country Club in Connecticut, Canaan Valley Resort in West Virginia and Shuttle Meadow Country Club. Chef Odeh was born and raised in Frankfurt, Germany. He started in the family business at age 12. After his schooling at the Culinary Academy in Frankfurt, he went to Gstaad, Switzerland, for his apprenticeship training working for three master chefs at the Palace Hotel. He continued his culinary education after college by enrolling in a year of pastry specialties. With interest in nutrition, he received a four-year scholarship in the United States, earning a bachelors of science degree in Science Nutrition and Health at Western Connecticut State University. He also holds a certificate from NYU in Food Chemistry & Reactions.
Some of Chef Odeh’s accomplishments include:
- The youngest Sous Chef in the history of the Plaza Hotel in New York City.
- An active member of the American Culinary Federation.
- Winner of six Gold medals, three Silver medals, and five Bronze medals, and was chosen as a member of the supporting team for the ACF Olympic Competition in Munich, Germany, and won the Gold in the “Hot & Cold Food” preparation & presentation.
- He has worked in well-known kitchens such as the Marriott Hotel in Washington, D.C., and the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
- Named “Most Talented Chef in Westchester Region” by the James Beard Foundation.
One of the Chef Odeh’s short term goals is to bring the talented staff in the kitchen up to speed with new trends. Chef Odeh’s style is more modern-American. He believes that the membership will receive the consistency, flavor profiles, tastes and overall diversity of the cuisine and will tempt the most traditional of palates. Most importantly, Chef Odeh is dedicated to providing guests with the feeling of WOW as they leave the Club after experiencing a meal with them.
We all look forward to seeing the culinary options Chef Odeh will bring to The Quechee Club. Be sure to stop in and say hello the next time you are on campus.